Thursday, July 01, 2010

Interim Post: The proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back", Mama's Piano . . .

If you are new to this Blog please start at PART 1: Click Here Then use the Blog Archive (just to the right of this panel) to navigate to subsequent parts. The blog was started in 2006.

Update:
Well looks like my Father-In-Law, the IFB preacher is at it again. He went ahead and sinned against my wife again and is denying it. My wife's mother (she's the one that passed away in the previous post), had given my wife an upright piano as a gift a couple of years ago. We placed it in our small house but it was too big and the legs kept falling off. This presented a safety hazard for our small toddlers so we asked them to store it for us temporarily (they had a bigger house, plus no kids) until we moved to a bigger home, at which point we would pick it up. Now this was very precious to my wife because it was a gift from "Momma" and despite all the pain "Momma" had put her through she still loves and misses her very much. Well her Father sold it for $500 to some church member and is denying it was ever hers. Everyone in the family knew it was hers!! We have a letter that's from her mother that says "How's the piano?" when we still had it in the small house.

My wife called one of her brothers (he is an IFB "Evangelist") and he said it was her fault that "Dad" sold it because she was bitter and out of church. He kept going back to that point, that she is out of church and out of God's will. SO THAT MAKES IT OK!?!? So, by that reasoning it is ok to take what is not yours from non-believers because God is angry at them anyway. Hmmm, what does that sound like? Should we go one step further and maybe vandalize their property? How about if we set fire to their homes? A heck, let's just physically beat the crap out of them! RIDICULOUS!!

My wife called her sister (she's an IFB preacher's wife, just like all women should be --sarcasm) and complained. Her sister claims it was her fault for disowning their Dad and she should get right with God and forgive Dad!

My wife called her nephew (he's an IFB missionary , like all young men should be --sarcasm), he couldn't believe dear old "Grandpaw" would do such a thing and he is a "Man of God" so she should be careful lest "She-Bears" come after her for going against the "Man of God".

WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT????

My wife feels I should just go ahead and reveal the name of this family. If I do I will post a link to his church, and his name so folks can stay far away from him.

To end all of this, all my Father-In-Law has to do is the following:

1. Apologize to my family (my son in particular) for never stopping by the Vanderbilt ICU when he was lying there struggling for breath and instead driving through the city so he can be at "Thursday Night Visitation". Isn't that why you have an assistant pastor, deacon?

2. Apologize to my wife for threatening to "Beat" her last year. That is why my wife "disowned" her Dad. Basically, she hasn't spoken to him in over a year. That's what the sister was referring to (see above).

3. Apologize to my wife for the general mistreatment over the years for simply wearing pants! She's not alcoholic. She's not a crack-head. She's not a neglectful mother, she just wears pants --not Men's pants, but women's pants like the one's you buy at JC Pennies, Walmart, Sears.

That is the road to reconciliation "Man of God" then maybe we would see the fruit of the Spirit inside you "Man of God" instead you and some of the family (not all, some see the sin for what it is) insist on hiding your sin behind the standard accusation to my wife (us) that she (we) is (are) "Bitter and Hateful and Backslidden". Hateful? No, we don't walk around hating people. Backslidden? By your standards, not mine. Bitter? Maybe when it comes to church. ANGRY? YES! Yes we are!! And it is YOUR FAULT, it has been your FAULT since the begining!! You and all of those like you are the reason I stopped going to church!! And for those that say "How can this be? Hasn't God used this man to bring other's to Christ?" or "God will not use a dirty vessel!" Well then, what do you think? The followers of the Pharasees/Sadducees probably said the same thing.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." MAT 7:22-23 (from the KJV . . . so some of you won't fall down and have a seizure or something)

7 comments:

Someone Who Could Careless About Your Petty Ramblings said...

I don't think you would be man enought to say ANY of this to our face. You are scared enough of your wife and will do whatever she says. I know you would not have the guts to say this to our face. You sound like a child in this blog. Why don't you just grow up? Its not the IFB movement you are mad at, its God and his Word and His men. There is no way you are right with God writing this stuff and I really doubt if you are saved. Might wanna check up what will happen to you after you die. You might be in for a rude awakening. And, I will add that any time you attack God's men sonner or later you will suffer horrible consequenses for it. I just hope your kids don't have to suffer the results of your ignorance!!!!!

LR said...

You cared enough to read it. You also validated many of the items on my blog. Typical male chauvenistic mentality evertime a husband cares for his wife you and gives her a voice you think It's because the husband's scared? I guess I should slap her and tell her to shut up an deal withit. You think this is about my wife? Then you didn't get it. This was about my journey. And yes I have grown up. That's why I no longer believe half the crap I used to believe.

OH AND AS FOR CALLING YOU OR THE IFB PREACHER. IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND BUDDY. NO ONE HAS THE GUTS TO CALL ME. SO TELL YOU WHAT PLEASE, PLEASE, POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL AND I WILL CALL YOU!!

Unknown said...

The Bible says "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him." Proverbs 26:4 Anyone who would create such a site as this in direct opposition to God is a FOOL!!! I will have no more discussion with you on this topic because I don't want to become like you. You are a very bitter person who has a hate for God and his Word. The principles you oppose on this site are principles in the Word of God. To have a problem with these things is not a problem with IFB it is a problem between you and God. I do believe that the wrath of God will fall on you and your family unless you REPENT and get right with God. I have a wonderful life that I refuse to let you ruin by discouraging me. Therefore, I will have no more discussion on this matter, here, facebook, email, or telephone. I will be praying for you that God will open your eyes and you will see your wickedness before it is too late.
PS. I am not afraid to put my name but I simply do not want you causing anymore trouble for the ones I love by using my name in your dirty work.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain and your wife's. I look forward to starting this story from the beginning and reading it over this week. Take care. Much love to your wife. So much pain even when we know in our head we don't need our family's validation, yet it hurts like hell to be cut off. I think a family should love and accept WITHOUT LIMITATIONS.

Unknown said...

I understand what you are going through. We have been there. We have had multiple house visits when missing Wed nights......but, when I shared exactly how I felt about many of the things- not a word, total silence.....I was simply bitter and in sin. I hate that they refuse to acknowledge that they have hurt, yet another person. We no longer attend church, either. Maybe one day, but first need to be able to discern between guilt and conviction so I am not bullied again. I wish healing for you and your family, and may God use you as a comfort to others discouraged by the same kind of treatment.

Lynnette said...

I finally wish to clarify to the author of this site...I'm on your side as far as hating that you all were so evily treated. My concern is for genuine loving relationship in the Lord, repentecne of our own sin issues (like hat, etc)...I don't want satan to win. If I've assumed anything wrong, please forgive me & I apologize. Do I think this is Gods desire for you (blog) ...I don't know. What I do know is that we need to make sure we are doing what He desires or else we too give the enemy a playground & so I pray that you will be firmly in the LORD & your family delivered from all the sins of this & all sin that we are able to be free from in Lord Jesus. This is my same desire for myself.

Sisterlisa said...

You aren't the only one who has been treated like this in the IFB movement. There's MANY victims out there..and your post is not 'ramblings'...it's eye opening.